CFE-KA PREACH MVV and Core Values
Catholic Faith Evangelization (CFE)
The Catholic Faith Evangelizers, want all people to know Jesus personally -- because it is from this personal and intimate relationship that we will want to introduce others to Christ. This is the mission that Jesus gave us in the Great Commission when he told us to "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations." (Matthew 28:19). This is the heart of the New Evangelization. ITS ROOTS: The word "evangelism" comes from the Greek word "euangelizomai," which literally means "to bring Good News." In modern times, Pope Paul VI wrote emphatically, “Evangelizing is in fact the grace and vocation proper to the Church, her deepest identity. She exists to evangelize … .” Although the Church has always made evangelization a priority, it was Saint John Paul II who challenged Catholics to begin a "New Evangelization." In 1983, he addressed the Catholic bishops of Latin America in Haiti and said: “The commemoration of the half millennium of evangelization will gain its full energy if it is a commitment, not to re-evangelize but to a New Evangelization, new in its ardor, methods and expression.” This marked the first time Saint John Paul II used the term “New Evangelization” as the theological concept of proclaiming the Gospel anew to those already evangelized, as well as to those who have never heard the Gospel's message. WHO? The Holy Trinity, want us to help people choose to be deliberate disciples. We focus the New Evangelization -- the bringing of the Good News of Christ -- on three inter-connected audiences: Ourselves -- because we recognize that our commitment to being a disciple of Christ is an ongoing and lifelong journey. Christians who have heard the basic Christian message but mistakenly believe that the message of Christ has nothing of value to offer them. They may be called the "disengaged" or "fallen away." People who have not yet encountered Jesus and the Gospel, often referred to as the "unchurched." HOW ? There is no one way to help people get to know Jesus. The Holy Trinity, sharing the Good News of Christ is all-encompassing and involves our: Head - we can't be afraid to speak the Good News, to speak about Jesus, to tell others about our personal friendship with Jesus and how He has changed our lives. Heart - we grow closer to God and one another when we allow the Holy Spirit to enter our hearts, allowing the Good News to permeate our hearts Hands - we work to build the Kingdom of God on earth, just as Jesus did, by serving others and witnessing the Good News by how we live our lives
STEWARDSHIP MISSION STATEMENT of Sodality of Blessed Carlo Acutis and Catholic Faith Evangelizers Ka Preach SBCA/CFE Ka Preach. Our SBCA and CFE Ka Preach Stewards are Christ-Centred and guided by the Spirituality of Blessed Carlo Acutis. Empowered by our Baptism and Nurtured in the Eucharist Inspired by the grace of the Holy Spirit Committed to fulfilling Christ's mission on earth through the prayerful and joyful celebration of our faith-filled Liturgies and our call to Evangelization Enriched in faith through Prayer, Worship, and continued Formation Dedicated responsible Stewards of God’s entrusted Gifts. Engaged and Welcoming focused on Hospitality and unconditional passionate service for others. In a lay missionary work to reach the lives of God's People.
Vision Statement “As Baptized Catholic in Faith that is actively visible in the Community, shares its spirituality through fellowship, sodality and is committed to serving God.” Words to Live By Matthew 24:14 - "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Galatians 6:9 - And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not".
The Core Value The ministry of evangelization of Sodality of Blessed Carlo Acutis SBCA with the Catholic Faith Evangelizers CFE Ka Preach Incorporates several essential elements: witness, outreach, proclamation, invitation, conversion, and discipleship. The Catholic Faith Evangelization with Young People:
1. Proclaims Jesus Christ and the Good News so that young people will come to see in Jesus and his message a response to their hungers and a way to live. Remember: "There is no true evangelization if the name, the teaching, the life, the promises, the Kingdom and the mystery of Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of God, are not proclaimed" (Evangelii Nuntiandi, no. 22);
2. Witnesses to our Catholic Faith in Jesus Christ and to His Church the The One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church lead us by the Magisterium following the teaching of the church guided by the Sacred Scriptures and Sacred Traditions which the Catechism, Doctrines, Dogmas and all aspects of our belief to deepen our faith and in our lives—offering ourselves and our community of faith as living models of the Christian faith in practice (Young people need to see that we are authentic and that our faith in Jesus guides our lives.)
3. Reaches out to young people by meeting them in their various life situations, building relationships, providing healing care and concern, offering a genuine response to their hungers and needs, and inviting them into a relationship with Jesus and the Christian community;
4. .Invites young people personally into the life and mission of the Catholic community inspired by the holy life and virtues of Young Blessed Carlo Acutis so that they may experience the support, nurture, and care necessary to live as Christians;
5. Calls young people to grow in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, to make his message their own, and to join us in the continuing process of conversion to which the Gospel calls us;
6. Challenges young people to follow Jesus in a life of discipleship—shaping their lives in the vision, values, and teachings of Jesus and living his mission in their daily lives through witness and service;
7. Calls young people to be evangelizers of other young people, their families, and the community using the internet as their basic platform and venue for evangelization.
8. Together as one Sodality in God through Jesus and to our church we will work together as lay missionary servant holding the Threefold Mission of Christ as a King, Priest and Prophet as a baptized Catholic we are called to be a missionary disciples as what the gospel of St. Matthew 29: 19 says: " Go, and make Disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit".
9. The Lord has taken the initiative, he has loved us first (1 Jn 4:19), and therefore we can move forward, boldly take the initiative, go out to others, seek those who have fallen away, stand at the crossroads and welcome the outcast. To evangelize is to make the kingdom of God present in our world if this social dimension is not properly brought out, there is a constant risk of distorting the authentic and integral meaning of the mission of evangelization.